If you are looking to add curb appeal to your home or construction project, using landscape stone can provide an aesthetic appeal that is long lasting. There are a wide variety of landscape stones that can add natural beauty to any home or business. Not only will the end result look great, but it will also hold up well in inclement weather.
Types of Landscape Stone
There are a variety of different types of landscape stone. They come in many shapes, sizes and colors and can be used for several different purposes. Landscapes stones can create decorative borders, pathways, retaining walls and gardens. Depending on the design, several different types of landscape stones can be used to provide the desired look.
Decorative pebbles are small stones of various sizes, shapes and types depending on the look you want for your landscape. They can be used to create rock gardens, as decorative borders, as ground cover and for pathways.
Outcropping and Boulders
Outcropping and boulders can be used to create a beautiful landscape design to add appeal to your property. A variety of different types of stone can be used to create this visually appealing look.
Pavers are stones used to make exterior flooring. They are small enough to be easily moved and set into place without special equipment. Paving stones can be set together tightly in interlocking patterns or made to be permeable. They can also be made out of a variety of materials. Pavers can be made from:
- Natural Stone
Flagstone is a large, durable, flat stone. It is easy to work with and is low maintenance. This landscape stone comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Depending on the area from which you get the flagstone, it can be red, pink, orange, blue, brown, gold or white. Since the sizes and shapes vary, flagstone is very flexible and can create a wide range of designs. Projects that flagstone are perfect for are:
- Seating Areas
Retaining walls hold soil on one side. They can be used to level ground, raise living spaces or improve drainage. Landscape stone can be used to create retaining walls that perform their function and blend seamlessly into the landscape.
Benefits of Landscape Stone
There are many benefits to using landscape stone instead of mulch, wood, concrete or other materials. Whether it is a stone patio, walkway or flower bed, the choice to use landscape stone will add value to your project.
- Adds Curb Appeal—Landscape stone can help the property to look completed, polished and elegant, making anyone that comes to visit appreciate the aesthetic beauty.
- Looks Beautiful—Landscape stones look great. Using them can create a pleasing backdrop for your home or business.
- Weather Resistant—Stone does not wear down like other materials and holds up well in all types of weather.
- Tough Material—Landscape stone is strong and tough, can hold up under weather and looks good for a long time.
- Long Lasting—Stone does not decompose. It can last for decades. Though the color may fade slightly, it lasts much longer than other materials.
- Safety Benefits—Stone is less slippery in winter than concrete or wood.
- Reduced Maintenance—Stone does not require maintenance. It will not need to be replaced yearly like mulch and is less likely to allow for weeds to grow.
- Helps Drainage—Landscape stone can be placed so that water can drain from your yard and still look good.
Quality Landscape Stones
Shoreline provides high quality materials for every project. Our landscape stones are durable and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Whether you want to update your yard, add aesthetic appeal to your place of business or have a larger construction project, contact Shoreline for your landscape stone needs. We stand by our product because we provide quality materials that will make your next project a success. Contact Shoreline today to learn more about our landscape stones. Shoreline—Building things that matter.